Elitracing (åskådarracing)
Le Mans 2016
1, 2   >>
15102 besök totalt
Magnus Bengtsson
Karlstad å lite Falkenberg
Här sen Jul 2007

Trådstartare
Ja då har en av årets bästa racehelger startat med besiktning inför Le Mans.

Huvudklassen blir grym som vanligt, Porsche är märket att slå.
I GT så laddar Ford på med 4 bilar i sin återkomst, men jag själv hoppas att Corvette ändå tvålar till Ford och de andra konkurrenterna i vanlig ordning
http://www.lemans.org/explorer/pdf/courses/2016/24-heures-du-mans/entry-list-24-heures-du-mans-2016.pdf

För oss följare blir kampen mot sömnlösheten i tv soffan minst lika svår som för förarna på banan.
Blir att ladda upp med ett kg extra kaffebönor och avkalkad kaffekokare

Let the race begin!

Jens L
Stockholm
Här sen Apr 2004

Dags för kval.

Lund
Här sen Feb 2003

För en som bara har Eurosport - finns det någon webfeed man kan kolla när inte de sänder?
Citera
Magnus Bengtsson
Här sen Jul 2007

Trådstartare
And ersJepp sson skrev:
För en som bara har Eurosport - finns det någon webfeed man kan kolla när inte de sänder?

nåt användbart?
http://www.lemans.org/en/Page/mobile-app/99

Magnus Bengtsson
Här sen Jul 2007

Trådstartare
NEJ! men va f-n.

Höll Corvette föraren i läsglasögon??

Audi R18 är ingen vacker skapelse..

Magnus Bengtsson
Här sen Jul 2007

Trådstartare
Nja, kval 1 blev en besvikelse ur Corvette perspektiv, Ford säkert desto mer nöjd.

Nya chans till förbättring imorgon.

hanssonn

Här sen Jan 2012

Kval 1,

"Leading GTE Pro times:
1) #68 Ford 3m51.185s
2) #69 Ford +0.312s
3) #51 Ferrari +0.383s
4) #67 Ford +0.405s
5) #66 Ford +0.853s
6) #71 Ferrari +1.323s"

Malmö
Här sen Feb 2004

Inser att min plan att precis som förra året kolla eventet livesänt på Porscheplatz går om intet p.g.a. dålig planering från min sida.

Kan annars rekommendera det, Museumet håller öppet med gratis inträde 24h och de har även öppnat närliggande delar som annars inte är tillgängliga för allmänheten. Med storbilds-TV på flera ställen och scoreboards direkt från racet.

Det var sjukt nice förra året.

Här sen Jan 2012

"Ford sweeps front row in GTE

The LMGTE Pro class saw Ford take a headline-grabbing and controversial 1-2-4-5 on its first appearance at Le Mans as a works team for 34 years.

Dirk Muller's time of 3m51.185s in the #68 Ford Chip Ganassi Racing Team USA-entered car (also driven by Joey Hand and Sebastien Bourdais) beat Ryan Briscoe's 3m51.497s late on in first qualifying.

With the UK-based Ford GT's placing fourth and fifth, it was an ultra-successful resumption of the Ford story at La Sarthe, Muller's pole adding to previous overall poles for Ford entries in 1965, 1966 and 1967.

The continuation of the Ford vs Ferrari legend looks set to be renewed as the #51 AF Corse 488 GTE of Gianmaria Bruni, James Calado and Alessandro Pier Guidi will start third with a lap that was just 0.383s off the pole time.

The LMGTE Pro class was effectively split in to two, as the Fords and Ferraris annexed the top seven positions, while the rest, including both works Porsches, Corvettes and Aston Martins, were well adrift.

LMGTE Am sees the #61 Clearwater Racing Ferrari 458 Italia of Rob Bell, Keita Sawa and Mok Weng start from pole ahead of the #98 Aston Martin trio Pedro Lamy, Mathias Lauda and Paul Dalla Lana."

"The Ford GT squad has vehemently denied allegations of hiding performance in the run-up to the Le Mans 24 Hours following the American brand's spectacular first qualifying showing on Wednesday evening.

Larry Holt, the Vice-President of Multimatic - the company which was instrumental in bringing the Blue Oval back to top-level endurance racing, and which was a cornerstone in designing and building the new car - declared that Ford's competitors were "whining and moaning."

"What you saw last night was absolute getting a bunch of guys, two major OEMs in a Ford/Ferrari battle," said Holt. "That's what everybody wants to see:Ferrari and Ford hammering it out.

"And all these other guys, like Corvette, who got hit with a BoP [penalty], there's no way they are as slow as they showed last night. That's complete bullshit."

According to Holt, the Ford GT, which was as much as five seconds faster in qualifying than during the test day, went quicker than expected due to a combination of circumstances.

"We took every advantage, obviously, like low fuel," said Holt. "We knew we were going to go faster. We know where the car should be, but we hadn't realised that lap time for a whole bunch of different reasons."

Holt went on to state that the majority of running before qualifying had concentrated on reliability, and not performance work.

"There was a lot of maintenance-type work, correlating our fuel consumption, tyre wear, brake pad wear and so on through the test," he continued. "We were just running a lot of laps, making sure that we could do the required 14 [laps] on fuel."

"All that sort of thing was going on at the test, observed by the FIA. So, we did some fast laps,but nothing spectacular and ended up with a 3m56s knowing full well that the car should be capable, on race pace, of probably mid-3m54s, which is our target race pace time."

Holt claims that several stars became aligned on Wednesday for at least some of the Ford GTs to go for an all-out fast lap, a decision sanctioned by Ford chiefs Raj Nair and Dave Pericak.

"It became a big qualifying battle last night," said Holt. "ThenFerrari stepped it up and all of a sudden we were strapping on slicks and running low [fuel] tanks and putting in the fast guys.

"I had to ask, Raj Nair and Dave Pericak: `What do you want to do?' They said: `OK, go'. So we went!"

Did atmospheric pressure aid turbo times?

Holt also maintains that the atmospheric pressure contributed to the spectacular lap times in Q1.

"They [the ACO] declare an atmospheric barometric pressure that we run to on the turbo cars," he explained.

"Last night the actual barometric pressure was significantly less than [usual], I think they declared 1019 millibar for what they think it is going to be over the weekend, and last night it was actually something like 950.

"So we probably had eight or 10 horsepower due to what they were declaring as atmospheric pressure, and what atmospheric pressure really was last night. That's an advantage you sometimes get from a turbo.

"Add all those things together, and you saw the outcome: 1, 2, 4, 5."

Suggesting that there was not much more pace that could be squeezed out of the Ford GT, Holt admitted that there is an expectation the car will be pegged back by the ACO and the FIA.

"I don't expect to be left alone now because of the how BoP works," he conceded. "I'm waiting for a lightning bolt to hit me in the head. We were four tenths up on the Ferrari.

"I would think they will probably do something to pull us back about half a second. So I would say you probably saw the most out of the car in qualifying."

"We did not hide performance"

Holt was direct in his answer about possible sandbagging before qualifying, saying: "Did we hide anything before last night? No, we never hid any performance per se.

"There's nothing sneaky under the table. But we never went out to set a qualifying lap time.

"Where did the Ferrari time came from? They were three seconds quicker too. You do that in qualifying. That was an absolutely balls-out qualifying lap.

"I think there's probably over a second in the atmospheric table and a little bit [extra] just because we got carried away. I mean, Dirk [Muller] put one in right on the last lap. He got a tow, saw 301kph [on the Mulsanne straight].

Holt was quick to express the notion that the aerodynamic advantage of the Ford GT was also a significant part of its blistering speed in qualifying, and that Ferrari has more power at its disposal.

"They [ACO/FIA] watch you all the time and they never said: `Oh, you guys are sandbagging'. I mean they look at the data," said Holt. "We're very fast, if you look at our top speeds, trap speeds.

"But if you look at the car, it's very small. It's got a frontal area way less than the competitors. But we're down on power. It's significantly less.

"The BoP power curve, the power/boost table, is providing much less power to us than Ferrari."

Corvette pace `nonsense'

The remaining manufacturers in GTE Pro - Porsche, Aston Martin and Corvette - were all significantly slower than Ford and Ferrari, which between them locked out the top seven positions in class.

But Holt said he was convinced that Corvette, whose cars ended up at the bottom of the times, performed their own sandbagging exercise in order to be given a performance break for the race.

"There is no way that the Corvette is that slow, no way," opined Holt. "They got a bad BoP break but there is no way that their pace is the pace they showed last night.

"The pace we showed last night, that's our pace. The pace Ferrarishowed last night, that's their pace. Will we get some BoP [penalty] to even that out? Maybe we will.

"But the other guys, the guys that are whining about it, and moaning and hiding their performance, I have no time for them."

"If they want to have this classic Ferrari/Ford battle that they keep talking about, last night we showed them a little bit of that action. It's an entertainment thing, right?

"And in the end I'm not going to bitch if the ACO/FIA gives them a balance of performance advantage to catch us up. But I don't believe they are all as slow as they're showing. That's nonsense."

Any final changes in the LMGTE Pro BoP would be confirmed on Friday ahead of the race on the Saturday."

Här sen Jul 2007

Trådstartare

TPR
Göteborg/Nödinge
Här sen Feb 2005

Livesändning på Youtube, men bara in car, från garage och kommentarer:

Mazda MX-5 Miata -99
#78 MX-5 Standard Cup / Roadsport C
Fd ERCup #98 - Caran Racing
Citera
Ralph
Svalöv
Här sen Jun 2004

Har precis laddat ner "24hLeMans"
Magisk app...känns trevligt att åka med Corvetterna (eller ngn annan bil) hemifrån stugvärmen

Vi håller tummarna för bättre väder!

Corvette C5 Z06 -01 Såld
Corvette C3 SB -72 Såld
Citera
peter schmidt
Åsbro
Här sen Okt 2003

Ställ frågor till Alex på sms 72445 börja frågan med esp mellanslag sedan frågan.

Sponsrad av http://www.bjprace.com
Citera
Magnus Bengtsson
Här sen Jul 2007

Trådstartare
Känns som Porsche kan vara en vinnare i GTE, Fordbilarna tror jag får problem (har redan börjat).
Corvettebilarna är inte så snabba jämförelsevis tyvärr men brukar hålla ihop bra, vilket är en förutsättning för att komma på pallen.

Michael Bäck
Sverige
Här sen Aug 2003

BMW 328is -84 BmwCup #50

Citera
3DBlaster
Stockholm
Här sen Jul 2008

Tack för alla bra länkar! thumbs up

Stockholm
Här sen Dec 2002

Racet rullar på. Verkar som att Toyota kommer lite längre på varje tank än Porsche.

Ford Gtn verkar gå bra i GTE Pro.

Sjukt med ett 20 min depåstopp för en av audisarna för turbobyte efter bara nån timma.

Babbe
Lund
Här sen Jun 2004

Citera
Petter U
Motala
Här sen Mar 2005

Eurosport players feed utan kommentatorer + Radio Le Mans funkar riktigt bra!

Väldigt tätt i toppen

Här sen Nov 2002

Imponerande hur dom bara dunkar in varv efter varv som är så nära deras bästa varvtider hela tiden med omkörningar och allt ...... och att det är så jämnt både i mellan toyota/porsche som Ford/Ferrari.....

känns som det kommer bli sekundstrider i bägge klasserna ...

Andreas Millbro
Stockholm
Här sen Dec 2002

Är tight i både LMP1 och GTE Pro. Men luckan är ungefär ett tredjedels varv vilket borde räcka. Mycket pekar på att Toyota vinner LMP1 och Ford GTE pro

Förhållandevis lite incidenter. Imponerande hur bra det funkar med stora fartskillnader.

Elitracing (åskådarracing)
Le Mans 2016
1, 2   >>
15102 besök totalt
Tack till alla våra trogna sponsorer som stöttar och håller Rejsa rullande