Våra race- och banåkarbilar
Porsche 911 TURBO -91 race car project
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6   >>
6 besök senaste veckan (31837 totalt)
VincentM
Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
I have finally found the time to post about my car. A 964 C2 Turbo from 1991, a real beauty, in my opinion one of the best looking Porsches ever. On top of it's stunning look it comes with a lot of power, great brakes and an awfull lot of turbo lag which makes it a very challenging/rewarding/fun car to take to the track.

I bought the car 2 years ago, full stock except that it had no muffler. It's enough to take the noise level to 95db which is a bit to much for some of the tracks.

Some pictures of my car from last years track activities to start with

VincentM
Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
Now to the project. If everything goes well the car ill be ready for some week-end racing with PCSR in the free category (too much power amd weight for the other ones)
I am going to take this one step at a time. First of all I want to loose some weight (1,5t to start with), reduce a bit the turbo lag and add a small amout of power.

First step list:
Things to remove : seats and interior, insulation material, carpets, airbags, radio and loud speaker, door panels, air conditionning (compressor and pipes)

Things to add : Half roll cage (extendable to a full cage when I feel it becomes necessary), stock muffler (RUF says taking away the mufflers cost 10 to 15hp!), race catalysator, race seats and steering wheel, light RS carpet to cover the mess, platic rear window if I find one that fits well without spending a fortune, 0,85bar waste gate spring, brake ducts, RS door panels.

I estimate I will loose around 75kg and hope to go up to may be 340/350 hp with less lag

Next steps
Change the suspension but the choks are not dead yet
Change to a lighter flywheel
Loose some more weight (plenty of ideas but it gets costly with carbon fiber)
And finally go for the big horse power numbers but this can really wait

Rikard Svensson
Lidköping
Här sen Aug 2003

Grattis Vincent till ett imponerande bygge!!!

Det skall bli kul att träffas i sommar

Licenskurs i april???

Rikard

Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
Thanks ! I thought I needed to loose some weight last time when I couldn't keep up with you at Kinnekulle . No seriously I have dreamed of owning a race car for a while so why not build it ! And this one will be different from the RSs and Cup cars

I'll take my licence there http://www.hyllingems.nu/index.asp?S=1&D=1259 But we will meet later I am sure

Staffan Bergholm
Täby
Här sen Nov 2002

Hej Vincent

Inte lättare nu

Staffan Bergholm, 911 TURBO -91
Citera
VincentM
Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
Staffan Not before next year at least. There is a big bill waiting for me

Staffan Bergholm
Täby
Här sen Nov 2002

Det kan jag tänka mig, finns inga "small Bill" i Porsche världen.

Citera
beepbeep
Uppsala
Här sen Feb 2003

Do not fiddle with wastegate springs, it's not worth dissassembling the wastegate for. It's much easier to adjust boost with either boost controller or simple T-nipple in series with wastegate. That way you can always bring down the boost if you expirience knock.

Täby
Här sen Nov 2002

Jag följde med Vincent till verkstaden igår, börjar se riktigt bra ut.
Här är en bild på vad som tidigare var ett baksäte.
Skräddarsydd bur, pulverlackad.

Lite av en internbild, visar hur man löst problemet med att få snurr på generatorn.
Det satt två stycken hjul här tidigare, drogs runt av samma rem som drog runt A/C:n.
När man tar bort A/C:n så behöver man något som drar runt generatorn, här har man låst generatorn till fläkten vilket är hur det funkar på 964 RS, så då borde det duga.

Citera
VincentM
Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
beepbeep skrev:
Do not fiddle with wastegate springs, it's not worth dissassembling the wastegate for. It's much easier to adjust boost with either boost controller or simple T-nipple in series with wastegate. That way you can always bring down the boost if you expirience knock.

You are right it's "better" with an electonic controller but I am not to overly worried about to much boost. The spring is set at 0,85b only still far away from the safety limit Porsche has set if pressure gets over 1b (fuel cut off) so hopefully with some fiddling of the air/fuel ratio I'll be safe. It's also a good occasion to check the waste gate is still good (membrane) after all these years. And it's also very cheap so if I want to tune the engine more heavily in the future it's a good intermediate solution.

PS - You can answer in Swedish, reading and talking is OK but writting is harder

VincentM
Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
Staffan - good think you had your camera thumbs up

PelleM
Stockholm
Här sen Feb 2003

Hej Vincent!

Det var synd att jag inte hann åka ut på ett varv med dig när vi var på Gelleråsen i påskas.
Men det kan ju bara bli bättre nu när du lättar Porschen,
Du får gärna säga till nästa gång du skall ut och åka på någon bana.

Btg: 9:04:8
Scuderia Hanseat våren -09
Citera
beepbeep
Uppsala
Här sen Feb 2003

VincentM skrev:
beepbeep skrev:

You are right it's "better" with an electonic controller but I am not to overly worried about to much boost. The spring is set at 0,85b only still far away from the safety limit Porsche has set if pressure gets over 1b (fuel cut off) so hopefully with some fiddling of the air/fuel ratio I'll be safe. It's also a good occasion to check the waste gate is still good (membrane) after all these years. And it's also very cheap so if I want to tune the engine more heavily in the future it's a good intermediate solution.

PS - You can answer in Swedish, reading and talking is OK but writting is harder

Du kan kolla om membranen är hel genom att blåsa i ventileringsslangen (på toppen v wastegaten). Om luften läcker så är det hål i membranen. Fuel-cut switchen är ställd till ungefär 1.3 bar. Orginal 930 wastegate var förinställda till 0.8 bar vilket senare sänktes till 0.7 bar för 964 3.3 vill jag minnas.

Som sagt, jag tror fortfarande att det är helt onödigt att plocka isär wastegaten ifall den funkar som den ska. Den är inte helt enkel att sätta ihop och man riskerar lätt att skada membranen om man inte vet vad man gör + nya packningar och pinnbultar/muttrar.

Man kan höja laddtrycket reversibelt med T-kors med delar man köper på en bilmack för 70:-.

Täby/Sthlm
Här sen Feb 2003

Staffan Bergholm skrev:

är det såndär remskiva man får shimsa för att få rätt remspänning??

shysst bygge, speciellt klädseln var snygg.

Hellre Nürburgring än vigselring
Citera
TURBO_Richard
Huddinge
Här sen Jun 2003

De e jocke på k3 som gjort & monterat din bur va?
/Richard

Hemsida: http://hem.passagen.se/limstiftegott/index.htm
Citera
VincentM
Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
PelleM skrev:
Hej Vincent!

Det var synd att jag inte hann åka ut på ett varv med dig när vi var på Gelleråsen i påskas.
Men det kan ju bara bli bättre nu när du lättar Porschen,
Du får gärna säga till nästa gång du skall ut och åka på någon bana.

Hi Pelle! Good to hear from you.
Next time I attend a trackday where passengers are authorised I will keep you posted

VincentM
Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
beepbeep skrev:

Du kan kolla om membranen är hel genom att blåsa i ventileringsslangen (på toppen v wastegaten). Om luften läcker så är det hål i membranen. Fuel-cut switchen är ställd till ungefär 1.3 bar. Orginal 930 wastegate var förinställda till 0.8 bar vilket senare sänktes till 0.7 bar för 964 3.3 vill jag minnas.

Som sagt, jag tror fortfarande att det är helt onödigt att plocka isär wastegaten ifall den funkar som den ska. Den är inte helt enkel att sätta ihop och man riskerar lätt att skada membranen om man inte vet vad man gör + nya packningar och pinnbultar/muttrar.

Man kan höja laddtrycket reversibelt med T-kors med delar man köper på en bilmack för 70:-.

Thanks for your comments I had absolutly no idea about the T-Kors solution, it certainly seems very cheap (on the other hand I am probably one of the less tech guys on this forum ) , people apparently go for either the spring or the Electronic Boost Controller. Reading from Porsche forums overboost problems seem to pop up when running 1 bar boost and often some other modifications. I do not think I am taking much risk there but may be I am wrong...

When it comes to working on the membrane I am confident they did the right things and to me at least it was a cheap solution just hope I feel the difference !

VincentM
Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
Turbo_Richard skrev:
De e jocke på k3 som gjort & monterat din bur va?
/Richard

It was made somewhere else (I don't know who they use) then it was mounted at K3. Everything is done there thumbs up

Fredrik C
Malmköping
Här sen Nov 2002

Hur går det Vincent? Är bilen klar till Mantorp?

NS BTG: 9.10.21

Citera
Staffan Bergholm
Täby
Här sen Nov 2002

Vincent, forumet KRÄVER att du postar mycket bilder nu när du hämtar bilen nästa vecka!

Citera
Staffan Bergholm
Täby
Här sen Nov 2002

[quote="LuddeR"]
Staffan Bergholm skrev:

är det såndär remskiva man får shimsa för att få rätt remspänning??

Sorry, såg inte den här tidigare.
Jepp, så är det.

Citera
Våra race- och banåkarbilar
Porsche 911 TURBO -91 race car project
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6   >>
6 besök senaste veckan (31837 totalt)
Tack till alla våra trogna sponsorer som stöttar och håller Rejsa rullande