Våra race- och banåkarbilar
Porsche 911 TURBO -91 race car project
<<   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6   >>
5 besök senaste veckan (31836 totalt)
VincentM
Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
Back from 2 days at Gelleråsen good driving with nice people and mostly dry weather.

I managed to drive quite a lot of laps over the 2 days even if I missed the 1st stint on Sunday (rain and worn tyres = No Go) and I had to stop at the middle of the last stint with a headhache I think it's time to start with some regular physical excercise if I am to keep driving that much. Especially I need to strengthen my neck muscles.

The good news is that it's going faster and faster. When I drove with the norwegian BMW club beginning of this year I drove at 1,20 to 1,22, now measured with transponder I was regularly between 1,17 and 1,185 all the track time is starting to pay off thumbs up The best time 1,1705 was set racing (well trying to keep up really since he is half a sec faster) with Kent in his blue 993 RS.

I am more and more convinced I am doing the right thing keeping my turbo car and building a track weapon, the car has much more potential ...

Will put some pics this evening or when i have time.

VincentM
Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
A few Pics after a very intense start to this season (8 trackdays so far)

The tyres have 6 trackdays on them (bought them sometimes in May, it looks like I will need 2 sets this year as well). The rear tyres are still OK but the front left's short life is soon coming to an end.

The pic is not to good but this time the discs are cracking up much faster than before.
The yellow pagid seem to be clearly more aggressive than the blue even if it's not clear on the picture.

I still have a good chance to win PCS's dirties car contest

Some action pics, hope it's OK to loan them

Mantorp coming up next week
I just have to switch side for the tyres (for the 2nd time) but after that it's time for 10000 km service and new Michelin Cups.

RS-flås
Västerås
Här sen Feb 2003

Vincent - betr Gelleråsen - mot norrmännen var dina nämnda tider säkert tillräckliga...
Jag har själv märkt att mot tuffare konkurrans kör man snabbare. 16 tider var
tillräckligt i helgen .
Syns på Mantorp

Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
RS-flås skrev:
Vincent - betr Gelleråsen - mot norrmännen var dina nämnda tider säkert tillräckliga...
Jag har själv märkt att mot tuffare konkurrans kör man snabbare. 16 tider var
tillräckligt i helgen .
Syns på Mantorp

I am sure you are right, competition and motivation play a big role, on Sunday I was not as motivated after so much track time the day before and I felt slower.

Excellent driving Kent, fast and safe thumbs up
See you soon.

Staffan Bergholm
Täby
Här sen Nov 2002

Wow, bra tider Vincent!
Jag är så himla sugen på att komma ut igen, men det har varit bra med ett brake.
Ska fixa till bilen nu.
Vi höres!

Staffan Bergholm, 911 TURBO -91
Citera
VincentM
Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
Staffan Bergholm skrev:
Wow, bra tider Vincent!
Jag är så himla sugen på att komma ut igen, men det har varit bra med ett brake.
Ska fixa till bilen nu.
Vi höres!

thumbs up I missed the company last Sunday on Gellerasen, it was just like with the Norwegians but with Fords, Hondas, and Subarus and more discipline. It certainly didn't feel like I was driving 1.17 / 1.18 this time though, Kent is right, you drive faster with harder competition.

RS-flås
Västerås
Här sen Feb 2003

Vincent - såg inbjudan men kunde tyvärr ej vara med. Vad upplevde du för tider
denna gång?? Var tempot med '' konkurrenterna'' ung. som med norrmännen??
Kullen 7-8 nästa.

Surahammar
Här sen Nov 2002

Varför efter Subarus?

/J

Citera
Staffan Bergholm
Täby
Här sen Nov 2002

VincentM skrev:
Staffan Bergholm skrev:
Wow, bra tider Vincent!
Ska fixa till bilen nu.
Vi höres!

thumbs up I missed the company last Sunday on Gellerasen, it was just like with the Norwegians but with Fords, Hondas, and Subarus and more discipline. It certainly didn't feel like I was driving 1.17 / 1.18 this time though, Kent is right, you drive faster with harder competition.

Vincent, det gör ont i kroppen att inte vara med!
Jag är så sugen att köra på svenska favoritbanan Gelleråsen med Michelin Cup däck i stället för Pirelli.
Vi hörs snart!

Citera
VincentM
Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
RS-flås skrev:
Vincent - såg inbjudan men kunde tyvärr ej vara med. Vad upplevde du för tider
denna gång?? Var tempot med '' konkurrenterna'' ung. som med norrmännen??
Kullen 7-8 nästa.

Yes it felt a bit like with the norwegians, I was probably driving 1.20ish
I am not sure the car will be ready on the 7th, she is due for service on the 4th but I hope to be around

VincentM
Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
SecretAgentMan skrev:
Varför efter Subarus?

/J

The was not meant for the Subarus just to give a hint to Staffan that things went just like with the BMW club of Norway on Gellerasen i.e. wihout boasting or anything it was hard that day to keep up with the "slightly" trimmed Porsche 964 turbos. Just to make things clear I have absolutly nothing against Subarus, on the contrary I wanted to buy one as my everyday car

VincentM
Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
After a grand total of 13 track days this year I decided to wash my car last week-end (those who know me understand what it means ) That was a bad idea.
on the way home I managed to crash the poor old lady into a ditch it feels quite bad after so much track driving to crash her on the street but it's much better for the insurrance.

The shop's report is however quite encouraging, no structural damage, no mechanical damage just some plastic missing, need a new oil conduct under the passenger door, one of the wheels is badly scratched and the passenger door has a small scratch as well. Overall she seems to come out of this relatively well thanks to the very low speed at which all of this happened.

Looks like I will add my own touch to her already quite mismatched paint happily I won't miss any of the track time, timing is everything !

Anders Frisk
Stockholm
Här sen Feb 2003

aj!

tur i oturen att det var på gata, skönt att slippa det där strulet... du får se det som en chans att bygga om lite "på en gång när du ändå håller på"

996 Turbo 2003
såld och redan saknad: 993 C2
PCS #8050
Citera
VincentM
Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
She will probably be in the shop all winter this year again
I have not decide yet what improvements I should go for.

Alternatives are
1 - Nothing and save money for a new flat
2 - Suspension, probably the best at this point even if the original suspension is not completly gone
3 - Weight saving. New rear wing, light weight flywheel, removing the air pump plumbing are things that come to my mind. If you have other suggestions on this front that's always interesting.

VincentM
Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
Update - Drove the car to bilprovning yesterday, it was the 1st drive after the accident

I am relieved, the car went through both the omregistrering besikning (roll cage and seats) and the usual besikning without any difficulties thumbs up the guys there liked both the car and the work done on her.

The repairs after the ditch visit are top quality, almost to good, she looks very new on the right side and rather old on the left side Another reason not to clean her to often.

Now back to the project of making her faster, she is going to get new stiffer than stiff suspension, Bilstein Cup + uniball for the top mounts

Eddie Varvstopp
Kävlinge
Här sen Nov 2002

Grattis Vincent thumbs up
och lycka till i fortsättningen .

Staffan Bergholm
Täby
Här sen Nov 2002

Dom har bra smak på Svensk Bilprovning!

Citera
VincentM
Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
Eddie Varvstopp skrev:
Grattis Vincent thumbs up
och lycka till i fortsättningen .

Thanks, the change of registration could have been costly if things had gone wrong.
It looks like it depends on a few things apart from doing the work properly.
1 - Are you nice or arrogant
2 - The guy in charge of you is understanding enough
3 - You don't obviously want to cheat (the guy who was ahead of me wanted to register his diesel burning SUV into a truck to get away with taxes, they went to extreme to refuse him) i.e. for a hobby they are OK

The guy in charge of me was really disappointed he couldn't get into the race seat and test drive, he had to let a colleague go

VincentM
Stockholm
Här sen Jan 2004

Trådstartare
Staffan Bergholm skrev:
Dom har bra smak på Svensk Bilprovning!

With PCS there are so many nice cars around you don't even pay attention when a GT2 roars by, good to be back to the real world sometimes.

Patrik Ö
Stockholm
Här sen Apr 2003

Läste lite tidigare i tråden om laddtryckshöjningen.

Hur känslig är Porschemotorn för knack?
Lika känslig som allla andra turbomotorer kanske?
Citera
d_b
Stockholm
Här sen Nov 2004

Hej Vincent!

Såg din bil på K3 idag thumbs up thumbs up

Då:
996 GT2 CS
951 s
964 RS
911 Carrera 3,2
Citera