Våra race- och banåkarbilar
Subaru STi PPP 06 - No more boiling brake fluid
1, 2, 3, 4, 5   >>
3 besök senaste veckan (54547 totalt)
Nathan
norra sverige
Här sen Maj 2013

Trådstartare
A few months back in March I imported an 2006 WRX STI from Scotland, after having drooled over them since 2003. Progress on the car has unfortunately been slow due to lack of money and time.

The Spec D (D for Discrete) was a special model produced in the UK with a run of 300 units back in 2006. SPEC-Ds came standard debadged with just the SUBARU logo badges on the front and back remaining, the STI wing replaced with a WRX wing, and a black leather interior instead of the standard STI Blue. Some tasteful person replaced the WRX wing on my car with an STI wing (It looks as if the dealer did it).

The prodrive power pack (PPP) was an upgrade installing a 255lph Wallbro fuel pump, a stainless muffler, and a mild tune to the ECU brought the HP up from 260 to 316 at the crank and Torque up tp 450nm.

The plan for now is to keep the motor fairly stock do my best to avoid getting the E85 bug while getting the suspension working a bit better for track days, and taking care of some small rust spots before they get out of hand.

I've planned the following suspension upgrades after doing a quite a bit of research (opinions are more than welcome)

27mm Sway bar front
24mm Sway bar rear
A decent set of tires 235 or 245 width (stock is 225)
Anti lift kit
Camber bolts to put in about -2.5 negative camber into the front
STI pink springs (lowers the car by 25-30 mm and increases spring rate 50 - 100% - Word on the street is that this rate better matches the dampening/rebound of the struts resulting in bettter grip and a better ride)

Here are a few crap pictures from the previous owner. I'll have better ones once I and the car are legal to drive in Sweden.

Jag skriver på Engelska för att det går så mycket snabbare för mig. Svara gärna på Svenska!

Det går bra att skriva svar på Svenska, är bara för lat att skriva på landets språk.

06 Subaru STI Spec D PPP
09 Rotax max Intrepid Sirius
Citera
Nathan
norra sverige
Här sen Maj 2013

Trådstartare
Future place holder 1

Det går bra att skriva svar på Svenska, är bara för lat att skriva på landets språk.

06 Subaru STI Spec D PPP
Citera
Nathan
norra sverige
Här sen Maj 2013

Trådstartare
Future place holder 2

06 Subaru STI Spec D PPP
Citera
Nathan
norra sverige
Här sen Maj 2013

Trådstartare
Future place holder 3

06 Subaru STI Spec D PPP
Citera
Benny Steen
Umeå
Här sen Feb 2004

Du behöver bättre bilder :-)

Sedan har du glömt skriva om den andra racern. Intrepiden.

BMW 330ci, BMW 325i,Toyota Celica GT4, Maranello RotaxMax,Kawasaki ZX6R, Yamaha XT660, KTM 250 SFx, Volvo FL614 Brandbil!
Citera
Nathan
norra sverige
Här sen Maj 2013

Trådstartare
Problem solved

Thought this might be interesting for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRGEngDk-7A

06 Subaru STI Spec D PPP
Citera
Nathan
norra sverige
Här sen Maj 2013

Trådstartare
When I bought this car there were two issues with it: one of which is the sensors that adjust the light leveling system in the xenon front headlights. There is one sensor on the front and one rear, they both connect to the lower arms on the suspension. The arm on that connected the rear sensor was broken and one of the pins on the front connector corroded and broke of into the plug.

Initially I thought I could just replace the sensors with a switch from the USDM STI and run a sending wire to the headlight leveling motors. But it turns out that there is an ECU that interfaces with european versions sensors.

Here's the rear sensor

Uppladdad med Rejsas Android-app.

I'm thinking that if we hook up a resistor to one of the plugs and attach the USDM switch to the wires in the other we can trick the ECU into following the commands of the switch. Saving me about 2000kr, and frankly who doesn't want more switches in their car?

Wiring diagram for the light leveling system:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/1hvcnal8eghj6iu/G8150BEV11_620.pdf . . . .

06 Subaru STI Spec D PPP
Citera
Nathan
norra sverige
Här sen Maj 2013

Trådstartare
After some research and wire chasing I managed to wire in the 2006 USDM/JDM headlight leveler switch. turns out the rear sensor was still functioning so i just plugged it back in and wired the correct leads from the front sensor to the switch. There is no reason you couldn't just wire in a set of resistors and do the same thing. But I've got to go through registrerings besiktning so things have to look original. Total cost: 150kr.

The pictures of the successful testing setup and my switch wiring digram.

06 Subaru STI Spec D PPP
Citera
Nathan
norra sverige
Här sen Maj 2013

Trådstartare
woops

06 Subaru STI Spec D PPP
Citera
Nathan
norra sverige
Här sen Maj 2013

Trådstartare
I finally made my attack on the rust on my poor scottish car, it was a hell of a fight. A marathon of three 16 hour long days constantly dirty, sweaty, grimy sticky and halfway high because of paint fumes.

First the before pictures at Benny's place after removing every bit of plastic that could hide rust

The best is the brake rotor, holy crap!

06 Subaru STI Spec D PPP
Citera
Nathan
norra sverige
Här sen Maj 2013

Trådstartare

06 Subaru STI Spec D PPP
Citera
Nathan
norra sverige
Här sen Maj 2013

Trådstartare
18 hours later and every bit of rust is gone

06 Subaru STI Spec D PPP
Citera
Nathan
norra sverige
Här sen Maj 2013

Trådstartare
To the paint booth!

Time for a nice coat of anti corrosion epoxy primer on every square cm of the undercarriage and wheel wells and anywhere else there used to be rust.

06 Subaru STI Spec D PPP
Citera
Nathan
norra sverige
Här sen Maj 2013

Trådstartare
Finally finished everything off with a thick ass coat of tectyl 506eh and hålrumsvax in every hole in the car using a 2 meter long high pressure tube.

06 Subaru STI Spec D PPP
Citera
Benny Steen
Umeå
Här sen Feb 2004

Nathan skrev:

så frän bild, perfekt som avatar.

Otroligt mycket ytrost för en 2007, skottarna har det värre än oss svenskar.

Bra JOBBAT. Du kan ju extraknäcka där i blästerfirman nu när du lärt dig jobbet ;-)

/b

BMW 330ci, BMW 325i,Toyota Celica GT4, Maranello RotaxMax,Kawasaki ZX6R, Yamaha XT660, KTM 250 SFx, Volvo FL614 Brandbil!
Citera
Wiklundh
Karlstad
Här sen Nov 2002

Det var värst vad rost det var på bilen.
Gammla GC8-krossen rostar en del, men denna nya trodde jag skulle vara bättre.
Är det vanligt på nya imprezor eller hade du bara otur?

Nathan
norra sverige
Här sen Maj 2013

Trådstartare
I don't think it was the car that was the problem. I think it was the fact it was Scotland in the Scottish weather. Something like
300 daysof rain a year in Edinburgh and its right next to the sea. Additionally they salt the roads with normal sodium chloride, and the car belonged to a landscaper. So it was probably constantly off road and cover
ed in wet dirt. pretty much worst case scenario.

06 Subaru STI Spec D PPP
Citera
Kristofer Å
Södertälje
Här sen Sep 2012

Angående väghållningsprylar så är ett alternativ att köpa 24mm ställbara krängare från Whiteline (kanske finns från andra också?). Då har du möjligheten att justera för att få till en balans du trivs med.
Likaså med camberjusteringen, sätt camberbultarna bak och skaffa ställbara topplagringar till framdämparna?

Många förespråkar dessutom "roll center adjustment kit" då man sänker Imprezorna. Kan vara värt att kolla på.

Grymt jobb med rosten!

Mvh
Kristofer

norra sverige
Här sen Maj 2013

Trådstartare
I was planning on adjustable whitelines front and back. The geometry changes when cornering with a mcPherson strut front style front suspension require a larger anti roll bar for the front.

06 Subaru STI Spec D PPP
Citera
Kristofer Å
Södertälje
Här sen Sep 2012

Larger or stiffer =)
I'm running 24mm adjustable front and back. Stiffest in front, "medium" setting in back (Impreza WRX).
I'm sure 27mm will be OK, but you might have to put that one in it's softest setting not to understeer to much, I'm thinking?

norra sverige
Här sen Maj 2013

Trådstartare
I'm not sure exactly what settings on the front and back until I test. How do you like the 24mm? can you manage to get any throttle on oversteer?

06 Subaru STI Spec D PPP
Citera
Våra race- och banåkarbilar
Subaru STi PPP 06 - No more boiling brake fluid
1, 2, 3, 4, 5   >>
3 besök senaste veckan (54547 totalt)
Tack till alla våra trogna sponsorer som stöttar och håller Rejsa rullande