2730 besök totalt
s0larian
California
Här sen Aug 2019

Ny på att skriva
inlägg i forumet

Trådstartare
Hi!

First of all, thanks a ton for putting out RRT for the masses, its a truly awesome work! I am in a process to build it myself for my M2C. I have some ideas on the mounting front, stay tuned

I was thinking about implementing some sort of auto-ranging to detect and infer the edges of the tire. The idea is to sacrifice some pixels on the inner/outer/both edges of the viewport of the camera, so it will ultimately record the temperature of the tarmac or some suspension element. Those pixels should be considerably cooler than those looking at the tire surface, so the software would be able to infer which columns to exclude from the package being transmitted thru bluetooth. Ultimately downsampling the 16 pixel columns to 12 for example. I think it would help with the sensor mounting, making the process less meticulous. It would also help during tire movement.

To think it one step further: by using MLX90640 with 32x24 pixels, one would be able to mount the sensor far/high from the tire. Even if the tire covers 50% of the pixels, 16 columns should be plenty for our application.

What do you think about the idea? Im happy to help with coding.

Stockholm
Här sen Nov 2002

Forumägare
Forumägare

Great minds think alike hehe The autozoom of the tire width functionality was put on the todo-later-list quite early since I thought I both needed to get real world data to see the actual temp drop off and also needed to limit the bulk of work a bit to get the RRT out there. Would love if you want to put time into that! That also goes for the updated sensor model I have one here but haven't got around to do more than check out the available library for it.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Curious about your idea for mounting. I'm right now redesigning the M2 inner fender snap in holder since the current version works for 245 wide tires and I'm now on 265. I'm adding some sort of adjustability to it too, haven't finalized that yet.

California
Här sen Aug 2019

Ny på att skriva
inlägg i forumet

Trådstartare
I've already ordered a bunch of MLX90640, i hope i can play with it this weekend. Library wise, this camera should be at the same place as the MLX90621, its pretty well supported. Another upside of this sensor is the VDD, its 3.3V which renders the additional diode unnecessary

Regarding the mounting, I am planning to leverage one of the screws which mounts the fender liner to the chassis. There seem to be a big enough cavity, so I can mount a sensor head without coming in contact with the tire. The feather itself and the battery will live on the other side of the wheel liner, pretty much the way you mounted yours. Ill share the 3d models in the upcoming days.

Stockholm
Här sen Nov 2002

Forumägare
Forumägare

Sounds great thumbs up Looking forward to see what you do thumbs up

Här sen Aug 2019

Very interested in this. Is there any initial success?

Stockholm
Här sen Nov 2002

Forumägare
Forumägare

Mark has a fork he's working on, you can check it out on github thumbs up
https://github.com/markgergely/RejsaRubberTrac

---------------------

Sneaky Melexis, changing the pinout between the two sensors, they've turned it 90 degrees. Beware when soldering it on to the board!

Här sen Aug 2019

I have now ordered a few MLX90640 in 110° version from Mouser.

Auto-ranging tire edges and MLX90640
2730 besök totalt
Tack till alla våra trogna sponsorer som stöttar och håller Rejsa rullande