Tack till alla våra trogna sponsorer som stöttar och håller Rejsa rullande
Elitracing (åskådarracing)
F1 Bridgestone vs Michelin
2 besök senaste veckan (1033 totalt)
Corsa

Här sen Apr 2003

Trådstartare
Intressant inlägg som jag har snappat upp.
------
A few years ago there was an interesting article about tire technology on Atlas. The bottom line was that Michelin and Bridgestone use a different approach to basic tire technology. One uses chemical and the other a mechanical approach to adhesion. The article went on to explain that the difference in philosophies resulted in Michelins advantage over one lap and also there advantage over Bridgestone in "damp" conditions. Bridgestone's advantage is in consistency and also their ability to run faster on a less "rubbered in" track. This has been borne out in the past few years. Ferrari fast on Fridays and then the inevitable catch up by Michelin as the weekend progressed and more rubber was put down on the track. Michelin runners fast initially in a stint and then a lull and sometimes picking up towards the end.
This year the tide has turned to favor Michelins approach to tires and it remains to be seen if Bridgesone can catch up. Ferrari is going to be double penalized with the aggregate times. on tracks that permit passing they may be able to move to the front but if the trend continues they may get hOpelessly mired in the pack at some tracks. Imola springs to mind. Maybe the advancements with the F2005 will overcome some of this but I am not sure. I don't think it's just a case of Bridgestone building a better tire. Their entire philosophy behind tire technology may have to change and that will take time. on the other hand this is Ferrari and anything is possible. I am going to keep the faith.

Ferrari 328 GTB | Alfa 159 Q4
Citera
Elitracing (åskådarracing)
F1 Bridgestone vs Michelin
2 besök senaste veckan (1033 totalt)
Tack till alla våra trogna sponsorer som stöttar och håller Rejsa rullande