Obizzz
Jönköping
Här sen Sep 2004

Trådstartare
Nu jävlar!

Citat:
Marcus Ericsson Fan Club ‎-
--- BREAKING NEWS ---
It has now been revealed where we will find Marcus this season and it is really great news! Marcus will be driving for iSport International in both GP2 Asia and Main series in 2011! This will be a unique opportunity for Marcus to show his potential in one of the absolute top teams in GP2. His team mate will be Sam Bird who drove for ART Grand Prix in 2010 and finished 5th.

iSport has a great track record in GP2, clinching both the team and driver championship with Timo Glock in 2007, 2nd in team championship and Bruno Senna 2nd 2008 and in GP2 Asia 2009-2010 taking both titles with Davide Valsecchi. I am sure Marcus and Sam will spur each other during the entire GP2 season to be in the top of the driver championship.

If you haven't done so earlier this might be a good time to click "LIKE" here: iSport International Ltd . Marcus will be facing a hectic period since the testing in Abu Dhabi will begin in less than 3 weeks, Februrary 1st. The testing will be more important than ever since all teams are starting from scratch with the generation 3 GP2 car. No matter how much data has been gathered over the 3 years with the previous car all teams will now start from zero, everything is new even the tires.

I would like to congratulate Marcus to this fantastic seat and thank everyone behind Marcus for making this deal possible. It must have been hard work for everyone from Kenny and Eje to the rest of the management. Let's not forget the sponsors who made this magic possible. Thanks all!

Go, Marcus, go!

/Jörgen "Bowe" Bevonius

Jönköping
Här sen Sep 2004

Trådstartare
Citera
Linus P
Uppsala
Här sen Dec 2006

Riktigt lovande! Kul thumbs up

Svenska Wankelregistret
Citera
Matz
Göteborg
Här sen Sep 2005

Riktigt roligt och spännande men nästan lite oväntat att han kör för iSport.
Personligen trodde jag att han skulle få tufft att få en styrning i ett "topp" stall men som tur hade man fel denna gången oxå

Obizzz
Jönköping
Här sen Sep 2004

Trådstartare
Matz skrev:
Riktigt roligt och spännande men nästan lite oväntat att han kör för iSport.
Personligen trodde jag att han skulle få tufft att få en styrning i ett "topp" stall men som tur hade man fel denna gången oxå

Han har testat fler gånger för iSport genom åren och har troligen haft ganska goda relationer med dem.

Malmö
Här sen Feb 2003

Shit va kul för Marcus thumbs up . Hoppas han får en bra säsong .

TPR
Göteborg/Nödinge
Här sen Feb 2005

Kul!!! thumbs up

Mazda MX-5 Miata -99
#78 MX-5 Standard Cup / Roadsport C
Fd ERCup #98 - Caran Racing
Citera
Sörpan
Slåtte
Här sen Nov 2002

thumbs up

"Raksträckor är bara en transport till nästa kurva"
Citera
Sörpan
Slåtte
Här sen Nov 2002

Citera
Sörpan
Slåtte
Här sen Nov 2002

Citera
Lillen
Ume
Här sen Jul 2003

Såg ni förresten det korta inslaget på SVT och sportspegeln häromkvällen om och med Marcus?

Motala
Här sen Dec 2002

Lillen skrev:
Såg ni förresten det korta inslaget på SVT och sportspegeln häromkvällen om och med Marcus?

http://svtplay.se/v/2312930/odesar_for_marcus_ericsson

Lillen
Ume
Här sen Jul 2003

Lennart Jarmyr skrev:
Lillen skrev:

http://svtplay.se/v/2312930/odesar_for_marcus_ericsson

Ja precis.
Ödesår för Marcus Ericsson.

oups och tack Lennart för jag glömde visst länken

Jönköping
Här sen Sep 2004

Trådstartare
Klistrar in lite rapporter från testerna.

Citat:
Test day 1, Yas Marina circuit, Abu Dhabi, February 2 2011
by Marcus Ericsson Fan Club on Wednesday, 02 February 2011 at 21:01
Eat my dust...

As you can see in this photo from Team Air Asia the conditions were "a bit" dusty down at Yas Marina circuit today... The first reports we got from Twitter talked about a very dirty track but I didn't realize just how dirty until I saw the photo! Judging from other photos a number of team opted for the rain tyres for the installation lap! A report from Viasat Motor says that iSport had a technical problem during today's testing. There was a problem with a hydraulic connection which worked on the GP2/08 car but unfortunately not on the GP2/11 car. The morning session was actually ended prematurely because there simply was too much dust on the track.

This resulted in just an installation lap for both of the iSport drivers in the morning session. In the beginning of the afternoon session rain fell over the circuit! ok, exit sandstorms and enter rain... Only 8 cars were on track in the first hour of the afternoon session but as the track dried up all teams were on track. Well, in the extended afternoon session Marcus got 16 laps well short of the 39 the fastest driver, Romain Grosjean driving for DAMS, had. I can assure you that Marcus could have been a lot further up the field had he got the chance to do more laps. He was now 7th 0.8 seconds behind Grosjean. Sam Bird only got 4 laps in the afternoon session and was 25th.

Well, the times are actually of less importance than gathering data for the rest of the testing and I hope iSport got some valuable data to work with despite so few laps by the drivers. So, in summary, despite so few laps Marcus did a strong effort and reported to Viasat Motor that considering the conditions he was pleased with the day at the track. Let's hope for smooth running on the track tomorrow!

Go, Marcus, go!
/Jörgen "Bowe" Bevonius

Citat:
Test day 2, Yas Marina circuit, Abu Dhabi, February 3 2011
by Marcus Ericsson Fan Club on Thursday, 03 February 2011 at 21:06

Today was the second day of testing down at Yas Marina circuit in Abu Dhab iand the World Championship of silly weather. Yesterday the track was covered with sand and the rain came down in the desert. Today the track was instead covered in fog. No wonder if it had been in Sweden or anywhere else in Europe but quite unexpected in Abu Dhabi. When the fog had cleared the morning session started even if it was an hour delayed. It worked very well for Marcus and when the session was over he was recorded for the 6th best time, just above 3/10 behind Bianchi who was fastest. Sam Bird, the other iSport driver was 3rd, just 1/10 behind Bianchi. The morning session saw 3 brief red flags but without any major interruptions of the testing.

Due to the delay of the morning session the lunch break was just 1 hour so when the break was over there were very few cars on the track at the beginning of the session. No wonder, it's not easy to have your meal in the car, nowhere to put the Coke and the hamburger dressing makes the steering wheel very slippery. The afternoon testing was shortened by 15 minutes due to the crash of Coloni driver James Jakes. The crash was heavy, continued through turn 3, 4 and 5 and the car was totaled.

Marcus was a bit further away from the fastest driver in the afternoon session but there were good reasons for this (see below). He was just below a second behind Giedo van der Garde in one of the Barwa cars who was fastest. Bird was 2nd in the afternoon session but the times were a bit more spread in the afternoon session. In the morning session less than 1 second divided the top 14 drivers and the top 4 drivers where within 1.5/10, in the afternoon session there was almost 3/10 between Van der Garde and Bird. You can't draw any real conclusions from this since the teams are probably on very different test strategies.

The testing will resume on Sunday with the last 2 days of testing before the first race next weekend. But this doesn't mean the teams will have time to go to the beach. The two days without cars on the tracks will be spent analyzing data and drawing conclusions from the first 2 days in order to have a good setup on Sunday.

I just got a report from Marcus and he says that he is very pleased with the day. In the afternoon Bird and Marcus went on totally different setups, Bird stayed on the original setup and Marcus tried out a different one. This is the reason for the difference between the two. Like I have said before, don't look to much at the times, there is some testing done aswell It was evident that it was the original basic setup that worked best but you need to explore many possibilities with a completely new car.

Marcus says that he is extremely motivated and when I asked him about the tyres he said that they are different, but in a good way from his perspective and he reckons they will fit his way of driving. This sounds really nice and I finish this report like I have done a hundred times:

Go, Marcus, go!!!
/Jörgen "Bowe" Bevonius

Stockholm
Här sen Sep 2008

Det ser ut som han kan få en bra säsong i ett bättre stall.

Hur tror ni det kommer gå?
Jag tippar ett par segrar, några pallplatser och en topp 4'a placering i mästerskapet.

Göteborg
Här sen Sep 2005

Citat:
Marcus Ericsson Fan Club
Just a quick update from the morning session of day 3 in Abu Dhabi: Marcus had 2nd best time! Bird P12 and Kral topped the time sheet. This feels great!

Matz
Göteborg
Här sen Sep 2005

Citat:
Marcus Ericsson Fan Club
Another quick update: The afternoon test session is completed and the time sheets gave another great answer to the question "Is Marcus ready for the task?". Yes he is! He was 3rd in the session behind Herck and Valsecchi! Great job Marcus!

Sörpan
Slåtte
Här sen Nov 2002

Mr C skrev:
Det ser ut som han kan få en bra säsong i ett bättre stall.

Hur tror ni det kommer gå?
Jag tippar ett par segrar, några pallplatser och en topp 4'a placering i mästerskapet.

Något bättre än vad Turvey gjorde förra säsongen med andra ord?

Citera
Obizzz
Jönköping
Här sen Sep 2004

Trådstartare
Såg bra ut på kvalet idag för Marcus, han låg länge trea men med några minuter kvar så tappade han till en sjätteplats.

Inte mycket som skiljer dem åt i tid, riktigt tight startfält.

http://gp2series.com/News-Room/News/2011/02_Feb/Romain-Grosjean-leads- . . . .

Long valley
Här sen Nov 2005

Ingen bra start alltså... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhwaK0xtK3M

david-o
Baar - CH
Här sen Jun 2005

Trots den röriga starten så verkar det ha gått bra för markus:

POS No DRIVERS TEAMS LAPS TIME GAP INT. KPH BEST LAP
    1 5 J. Bianchi Lotus ART 33 1:22:04.643 114.020 31 1:38.141
    2 9 R. Grosjean DAMS 33 1:22:11.324 6.681 113.865 15 1:38.890
    3 27 D. Valsecchi Team AirAsia 33 1:22:17.437 12.794 6.113 113.724 13 1:38.997
    4 1 M. Ericsson iSport International 33 1:22:18.644 14.001 1.207 113.697 23 1:38.891
    5 17 G. Van Der Garde Barwa Addax Team 33 1:22:19.841 15.198 1.197 113.669 20 1:38.987
    6 3 J. Kral Arden International 33 1:22:25.244 20.601 5.403 113.545 28 1:39.080
    7 2 S. Bird iSport International 33 1:22:29.055 24.412 3.811 113.458 24 1:39.423
    8 18 S. Coletti Trident Racing 33 1:22:41.452 36.809 12.397 113.174 10 1:39.204
    9 16 C. Pic Barwa Addax Team 33 1:22:42.054 37.411 0.602 113.160 29 1:38.267
    10 20 F. Leimer Rapax 33 1:22:44.895 40.252 2.841 113.096 33 1:39.911

Elitracing (åskådarracing)
GP2 2011
1, 2, 3, 4   >>
5 besök senaste veckan (8727 totalt)
Tack till alla våra trogna sponsorer som stöttar och håller Rejsa rullande