Tack till alla våra trogna sponsorer som stöttar och håller Rejsa rullande
RejsaRubberTrac
Den gamla första tråden om RejsaRubberTrac (swedish)
<<   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
3 besök senaste veckan (30857 totalt)
SJHBryan
England
Här sen Feb 2021

Magnus Thomé skrev:
If:

- You can see the board's COM port and have chosen it under "Tools" - "Port: xxx"
- You have updated the libraries and IDE to the latest

You probably have a mismatch of bootloader on the board and your IDE. Do this:

- Click "Tools" - "Programmer" and choose "Bootloader DFU for Bluefruit nRF52"
- Click "Tools" - "Burn Bootloader"
- When done and you see "Device programmed. DFU upgrade took xxx", power cycle the board (not sure it's necessary but...)
- Now compiling and uploading should work thumbs up

Yes, I got the sketch uploaded (I thought I was using an nRF52840 not the nRF52832 so completely my mistake!) however, the temperature sensors are displaying all 0's in the serial monitor. The distance sensors works correctly though. Have you experienced this before?

England
Här sen Feb 2021

Does anyone know why I might be getting all zeroes displayed in the serial monitor in arduino where the temperature outputs should be displayed? (as in the image below)

Stockholm
Här sen Nov 2002

Forumägare
Forumägare
Trådstartare
Probably/maybe no connection to the sensor. Check the four pins. power, ground and the two data lines thumbs up

England
Här sen Feb 2021

Magnus Thomé skrev:
Probably/maybe no connection to the sensor. Check the four pins. power, ground and the two data lines thumbs up

Getting the same fault on both units and on both there's good continuity between the SDA and SCL pins on the distance sensor and the pins on the Feather board.
Temperature sensor has good ground by can't measure the continuity of SDA and SCL directly due to access. Voltage in is 3.3v

Stockholm
Här sen Nov 2002

Forumägare
Forumägare
Trådstartare
- did you end up using a nRF52840 or a nRF52832

- are you using the PCB I made as a base for the sensors and nrf board?

- are you using a MLX sensor with a small daughter board or did you buy the sensor separately without any small board?

If I remember correctly the nRF52840 has the 3,3V power pin slightly different, so if you use my board to mount the nrf board on you might be missing a connection between the two boards for 3,3V.

You'd just get some leaked power via the data lines.

England
Här sen Feb 2021

Yes, using the nRF52832, with your PCB and MLX with daughter board.
I've removed the MLX and tested continuity between the SDA and SCL header pins and their corresponding components on the daughter board, which is good.
I reinstalled it with the VLX sensor and still getting a good circuit between the header pins and the pins on the nRF board so I'm confident there is no problem with the assembly.
This is the sensor I purchased:

Stockholm
Här sen Nov 2002

Forumägare
Forumägare
Trådstartare
Can you check the exact product code printed on the MLX sensor?

Seems quite a few sellers are selling MLX90614 one measuring point sensors as if they are MLX90621 4*16 point sensors

England
Här sen Feb 2021

All it says on the MLX board is GY-906LCC.
I've checked the ebay listing and can't see any mention of MLX90614 either

Stockholm
Här sen Nov 2002

Forumägare
Forumägare
Trådstartare
Can you take a pic of the sensor and post?

It should be a black cylinder looking like this (for the 60 degree field of view) with markings along the bottom like this. It doesn't say MLX90621 but some other code, I'm checking right now if it might be some batch code they print there.

If you have a smaller silver colored sensor you have the single point MLX90614 (or possibly even something else)

England
Här sen Feb 2021

On closer inspection there is a part number lasered into the side of the sensor-on one it's BAA5511207 and on the other it's BAA4516A16.
I chose the 120 deg FOV sensor, BAA, (due to limited space on the car) so presumed that's why there's no black tube.

England
Här sen Feb 2021

I think you may be right-they sold me the wrong sensor! Looking at the three letters on the side of the tube of each sensor pictured in the ebay listing (BAA, BCC, BCF and DCI) these match the datasheet options for the 90614 sensor whereas the datasheet for 90621 only show BAA, BAB and BAD as options.

Below: Datasheet table for 90614

Below: Datasheet options for 90621

I've got in touch with the seller questioning the part numbers so hope to hear back soon.
I only used ebay because Mouser and all other reputable suppliers are out of stock with a 24 week lead time!

Stockholm
Här sen Nov 2002

Forumägare
Forumägare
Trådstartare
Yeah that's definitely the wrong one The 120 degree is black like the 60 degree one but a lot lower in height.

England
Här sen Feb 2021

Thanks so much for your help on this Magnus!
Mousers lead time is now just 2 weeks so I've got them ordered

Stockholm
Här sen Nov 2002

Forumägare
Forumägare
Trådstartare
SJHBryan skrev:
Thanks so much for your help on this Magnus!
Mousers lead time is now just 2 weeks so I've got them ordered

thumbs up

Den gamla första tråden om RejsaRubberTrac (swedish)
<<   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
3 besök senaste veckan (30857 totalt)
Tack till alla våra trogna sponsorer som stöttar och håller Rejsa rullande