Svara på inlägget  Forumlista  ->  RejsaRubberTrac
Limitations and possible problems
Tråden har besökts  
23 gånger den senaste veckan (330 totalt)
<< Föreg. ämne | Nästa ämne >>

Magnus Thomé
Stockholm

Forumägare
Forumägare

Här sedan: 03 Nov 2002
Tipsa Facebook   Inlägg  20 Jan 2019 16:01     Limitations and possible problems Citera

Please beware, this project is still in development. Everything looks very good so far but problems currently unknown might appear down the road. RejsaRubberTrac has NOT been field tested properly yet.

Some KNOWN issues that needs to be dealt with:

- A small protective window that is IR-transparent for the temperature sensor. I have a few leads I'm working on. Tips welcome!

- Protective window for the laser distance sensor. No clue right now other than a hollow tube, for the sensor to look through, that could help protecting it from debree. But a window transparent to the laser's waveleght is probably a good idea. Tips welcome!

- Design of a 3D-printable case. Main design problems are: Making the mounting to the car adjustable to enable aiming the sensors at the right spot on the tires. And making it possible to snap the unit off the car to recharge it and then put it back in the wheel well when charged, reatining the adjustable aim so the sensors still point at the right spot.

- A cheap but still durable on/off switch that can take the beating in the wheel well. Tips welcome!

- A protection lid for the USB connector to protect it when the unit is mounted in the wheel well. Only neccesary if you run on a rechargeable Lipo battery and need plugging it in to recharge. Not neccesary if you run the unit off the car's 12V.

Probably more things too...

Visa användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande Skicka e-post
Magnus Thomé
Stockholm

Forumägare
Forumägare

Tipsa Facebook   Inlägg  01 Feb 2019 17:20     Citera

I'm following up leads on protection window.

But I got the tip that your normal cling film plastic wrap you have in your kitchen works. And yep, tried it and it does! Seems the laser distance sensor was quite happy measuring through it too thumbs up

SRyLul
Luleå

Här sedan: 09 Aug 2010
Tipsa Facebook   Inlägg  01 Feb 2019 19:12     Citera

My experience is very limited but a lightsensor often accepts a protective material if it's very close to the sensor. Industrial laser distance sensors accept several millimeters of glass.
And by my definition, both the distance and the temp sensors is lightsensors.
Lexan is durable and easy to find in several hobby stores. Should do the trick?
Edit: lexan in the thickness of 1:10 rc-cars body's, not the thickness of racing car windows

Meny       Upp       Tillbaka
Visa användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande
Magnus Thomé
Stockholm

Forumägare
Forumägare

Tipsa Facebook   Inlägg  01 Feb 2019 19:43     Citera

Lexan would be good to try!

I've tried assorted hard plastics I found here in my home, but of all I tried none worked actually! So that got me a bit pessimistic. But maybe that was unfounded for

Anyway, I've been mailing around and getting nice tips who to contact. So it's been a bunch of follow ups and redirections, still no final solution but I think I'll get there!

EDIT: Google always comes up with interesting reads
http://www.plasticgenius.com/2011/05/infrared-and-ultraviolet-transmission.html

EDIT2:
I stumbled on info that plexiglass should work, but I tested with what was supposed to be a piece of plexi which I had here and that didn't work. Maybe it was to thick. Or maybe not plexi

Svara på inlägget  Forumlista  ->  RejsaRubberTrac
Limitations and possible problems
Tråden har besökts  
23 gånger den senaste veckan (330 totalt)
<< Föreg. ämne | Nästa ämne >>

Från request till första response:
sec (varav server render 0.129 sec)
Webbrowser render:
sec