Tack till alla våra trogna sponsorer som stöttar och håller Rejsa rullande
Elitracing (åskådarracing)
Schumacher slutar köra F1!!!
4006 besök totalt
Peter Gutniak
Stockholm
Här sen Mar 2003

Trådstartare

Jag ber om ursäkt för den något vilseledande rubriken, men han har ju kallat till presskonferens på Monza idag. Dock vet jag inte när, och det är det jag på detta möjligen ohemula sätt försöker bringa klarhet i. Rubriken KAN ju stämma, men jag hoppas att den inte gör det....

Alltså:

Är det någon som vet vilken tid Schumi håller PK på Monza idag?

www.sticka.se
www.schwedenkreuz.net
Citera
Måns Ulveståhl
Stockholm
Här sen Jul 2004

Kanske lägger hjälmen på hyllan ?

Linköping
Här sen Aug 2003

<span style='color:red;font:bold'>Moderator</span>

Jag har ju gått omkring hela året och hoppats på Schumi och Mika som förare åt Minardi 05. Kanske, kanske...

HQ
Här sen Mar 2003

Peter, med tanke på rubriken bör nog söka jobb som redigerare på någon kvällsblaska. Du är klart kvalificerad

RBC-general mm som oftare skriver i min facebookgrupp rbcracing
Citera
Peter Gutniak
Stockholm
Här sen Mar 2003

Trådstartare
Pheeeww...

Han ska inte sluta utan snarare köra vidare tills dess att han inte tycker det är kul längre...!!

www.sticka.se
www.schwedenkreuz.net
Citera
Anton Lillsund
Sälen
Här sen Aug 2003

Var hittade du denna info?

Jag letade runt lite kort men hittade inget.

Täby
Här sen Feb 2003

RBC-Lars skrev:
Peter, med tanke på rubriken bör nog söka jobb som redigerare på någon kvällsblaska. Du är klart kvalificerad

Snarare överkvalificerad. De brukar åtminstone smyga in ett litet "?" istället för tre "!".

Han ville prata om WDC-titeln och "honestly, det var städtantens förtjänst", vilket inte hanns med på Spa. Hans taleskvinna har sagt att han inte har några som helst planer på att sluta i F1.

#24, #64, #88
Citera
Peter Gutniak
Stockholm
Här sen Mar 2003

Trådstartare
Anton:

Står att finna längst upp på http://www.autosport.com/.

www.sticka.se
www.schwedenkreuz.net
Citera
Anton Lillsund
Sälen
Här sen Aug 2003

Peter Gutniak skrev:
Anton:

Står att finna längst upp på http://www.autosport.com/.

Tackar!

Kungsbacka
Här sen Feb 2004

Kommer här...!!

Transcript of Schumacher's Monza Press Conference

Wednesday September 1st, 2004

Michael Schumacher held a press conference today, at the Monza track, during the lunch break of the first day of testing.

Three days after securing his seventh World Championship title, the German answered questions from the press - first in English and later in German. Atlas F1 attended the event and brings the full transcript of the English-speaking press conference.

Michael Schumacher: "Buon giorno" - the journalists give him a round of applause - "Grazie. OK, I think it's in your hands."

Q: Michael, in Belgium you were very thoughtful and quiet, very calm after the race. Has it sunken in yet?

Schumacher: "As I said afterwards, every championship has felt very different and in a way you're right - yeah, it was very thoughtful and a lot of inside celebration, which.. as well in Suzuka, I couldn't immediately celebrate, and it was a mixed feeling obviously of the way the race went. And so was Spa a little bit because of the second place - I wasn't sure how to take it, and I really had to think a while how I was feeling. Obviously, afterwards, when I came to the motorhome it was a great atmosphere and good feelings."

Q: You seemed to take a conservative approach in Spa with the tyres...

Schumacher: "No, I think that is maybe the outside view, but we have tested the tyres on Friday and it was very clear for us that the choice of tyre I took - the harder one - was maybe less fast for one lap but more fast for more laps, and I was clearly faster on the harder tyres. As we then knew it would rain on Saturday, it was not important the one lap available [for qualifying] so that's why I chose that tyre.

"But I don't think it was down to the tyres anyway, because in terms of the consistency and the speed and so on in the race I was all right, the only problem I had was indeed after the safety car, to get back to temperatures. But I don't think I would have driven any different race with any different tyre we had available at that race."

Q: So you just didn't expect that many safety car periods

Schumacher: "No, how can you? I mean, it's impossible to calculate. But I don't think it would have been very different, because the difference between the tyres is honestly not so big."

Q: Would you have had a different race if you didn't want to win the WC there? I mean, you seemed to be very careful in the early stages, when Kimi was trying to overtake you.

Schumacher: "Well, I don't think so. I don't know why you have that opinion honestly. After the start, there was nothing I could do against David [Coulthard] - he just out-accelerated me after the first corner due to the same problem we had after every safety car [of cold tyres]. The same happened with Kimi [Raikkonen], when he out-accelerated me. With Juan Pablo [Montoya] it was a lot more exciting, but he did a very good move on me which I didn't expect honestly. He passed me in a moment where I didn't think there was enough space, and when he was beside me then it was too late to react. And after this I just drove as quick as I could and there was nothing more I could do.

"So to really say, I mean, I don't think I drove a very careful race. The last couple of laps - after the safety car came in again and the race was done - then there was obviously no point to go for something because I couldn't do anything. I knew after the safety car would go, Kimi would open the gap and then there was only a couple of laps left and there was no point to risk anything because there was no view of success."

Q: Does it mean you would not have been able to win in any way that day?

Schumacher: "If we wouldn't have had all the safety car [periods], if we had a clean, normal race, I think then our situation would have been a lot more competitive, considering as well of which starting position [Kimi] came from - because if you think he overtook me because of the safety car, which he wouldn't have done [without it], he would have then been behind me and I'd always had one lap more than him for the pitstops, so I think we could have driven certainly a complete different race. There are so many Ifs, there's no point to talk to much about the Ifs."

Q: You flat spotted your tyre at the start...

Schumacher: "No, I didn't. I mean, I locked a little bit but I didn't have a flat spot, no."

Q: What did you do in the last couple of days after the race?

Schumacher: "I was at home, with my family, just taking it easy. I mean, it was just one day because I came home on Monday afternoon and left on Tuesday afternoon to come here."

Q: Do you realise what you have reached?

Schumacher: "No, I don't think so. Honestly - and I've said this as well already that I'm not the person, especially as I'm so much focused on the next goals, on the next step, on the next improvements we can do on the car - I'm not looking back so much over what I have achieved. Occasionally, when I get the question, then I think about it for a short moment... but all that is happening I think needs a lot of time to think about it and it needs time where I relax and have quite a big distance from it. And I don't think three months in winter-time are enough to really understand everything completely. But, obviously, I have a long life in front of me so there will be a long time to think about it."

Q: So this will come when you retire, for example

Schumacher: "Yes, that's one of the factors. And I heard that I was here to announce that today but I'm sorry, you all know that I'm not." (laughs)

Q: I think normal people are asking, where can you find still the fire inside of you to continue to fight and to win?

Schumacher: "I think it's natural; because I love the sport, it's in my blood to compete and to fight, to try and beat the opponents and to win. That's just what I'm living for in a way, and as long as I can live that dream, I want to live it."

Q: So for the next 20 years you will continue to do this?

Schumacher: (laughs) "Let's see how long it is inside, the competitiveness. That's clearly an important point - as long as I'm competitive and I'm able to fight with the young boys, I'm quite happy."

Q: You never think about being competitive in another activity, or a different area of the sport?

Schumacher: "It sounds like you think of yourself, like you are not happy with the job of what you do so you're looking for something different? (laughter) I don't have that problem, you see. I'm quite happy in what I'm doing and I don't need to think about other things. Anyway, I have time enough to do other things, but for fun."

Q: Michael, you told us before this season that this is going to be a very tough season for you...

Schumacher: "I think there was a very good ad in one of the German magazines, from Vodafone, there were three nice sentences written in there..."

Q: ...From Niki Lauda, Bernie Ecclestone, and...

Schumacher: "Yeah." (laughs)

Q: But at the beginning of the season, could you imagine another 2002?

Schumacher: "No, no. I mean, very clearly what other people felt - I felt as well. We've been at Madonna di Campiglio at a press conference and we've been at the presentation of the new car, and all our expectations were very careful, because we were expecting a very tough fight. Thanks god we did a greater job than the others."

Q: Is this the best season of your career?

Schumacher: "I think so. Quite clearly, this is the most competitive season we have ever had. We came to races thinking we don't really have a chance to win and then we were very dominant. There were often races this year that this was the case. And in way, I actually thought we would be dominant in Spa, but we weren't."

Q: But is this the season you most enjoyed?

Schumacher: "I do enjoy it, yeah. Most enjoy? I've enjoyed many other seasons as well, it's just different."

Q: So which is the worst Championship you ever got?

Schumacher looks stunned, the room fills with laughter

Q: or the one you like least?

Schumacher starts laughing

Q: You're the only driver that can be asked such a question, because you have so many...

Schumacher: "Yeah... that's funny... I mean, it's rare to find questions that I haven't answered, and that is one. And I have to say, I can't find an answer for it!"

Published at 14:31:38 GMT
----

/Jonas

Citera
Elitracing (åskådarracing)
Schumacher slutar köra F1!!!
4006 besök totalt
Tack till alla våra trogna sponsorer som stöttar och håller Rejsa rullande