Våra race- och banåkarbilar
Renault Clio 16V Cup -91
1 besök senaste veckan (2736 totalt)
Kees
Stockholm
Här sen Maj 2003

Trådstartare
Hejsan!

Some information about a car that I just bought this week. It's a Clio 16V Coupe (french for 'cup') that was produced by Renault Sport for racing in the cup racing series. This particular car was raced by one of the top teams in the Dutch series and was painted in the Samson (tobacco) racing colors. It was raced for 4 years until the end of the series and then used for a few years of hobby racing. After that it was stored for 6 years in a dry storage.

The original Renault Sport preperation included:
* harder engine and gearbox mounts
* quick steering rack
* strengthened and shorter gearbox ratios
* track suspension
* Devil rollcage
* Devil Group N exhaust
* different rear disks
* silver Speedline wheels (the same wheels as later used on the Clio Williams in gold color)

In the Renault Clio racing series a lot of things were very strictly regulated. Together with the car I already have the preperation manuals that were provided to competitors in the series. As the car was run by one of the top teams, there are a number of tricks we have already identified - including that the front submount bushing were installed with a slight offset in order to move the front wheels forward and increase the wheelbase. Also the suspension was setup slightly lower in the back to increase brake balance.

The car is in surprisingly good shape for a cup series racecar, where typically there is a lot of pushing. The intent is to use it on the Nordschleife and some of the Dutch and Belgian tracks. I might bring it to Sweden later this year.

997 GT3
några BMW-Alpina
Citera
Kees
Stockholm
Här sen Maj 2003

Trådstartare

997 GT3
några BMW-Alpina
Citera
Figgz
Göteborg
Här sen Dec 2002

Great projectcar Kees! All the hard work is already made, only for you to push it as hard as possible.
As you wrote it's seems to be in a good condition, not bad for these small racers.

Was the engine regulated as well with the exhaust as only mod? what's the specs on this engine?
Hope you will be able to get it to Sweden, would be fun to be able to race against you on a real track this time...

Not bad to find a car like that... i like the project!

Kör nu Lotus Elise S1, tidigare Westfield & Opel Speedster
Citera
Norden
Gnosjö
Här sen Aug 2003

Det här gillar jag lite extra
Ser mycket fin ut, och ser jag inte en R5:a i bakgrunden på den första bilden?

Lycka till med allt nu! thumbs up

Stockholm
Här sen Maj 2003

Trådstartare
Clio'n har ca. 150hk på 900kg och är perfect för Ringen antar jag.

997 GT3
några BMW-Alpina
Citera
PelleM
Stockholm
Här sen Feb 2003

Grattis Kees!

De var ju just vad du behövde ... en race bil till.

Cool i alla fall.

Höres

Btg: 9:04:8
Scuderia Hanseat våren -09
Citera
Våra race- och banåkarbilar
Renault Clio 16V Cup -91
1 besök senaste veckan (2736 totalt)
Tack till alla våra trogna sponsorer som stöttar och håller Rejsa rullande