Alfa Romeo GTS2000 -75, Såld...
<<   1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40   >>
36 besök senaste veckan (293481 totalt)
axe
Nyköping
Här sen Dec 2004

Trådstartare
Janne J skrev:
Bara att gratulera den nya ägaren, vilken jäkla rå bil hen har köpt!

Ser fram mot en ny biltråd från dig

Blir ingen byggtråd tyvärr, ska köpa färdig racebil den här gången...

Ginetta G50, #30 SPVM Modsport 2, Axe Motorsport
BMW E30 t6, #30 MSLS långlopp, NG-Racing
Citera
Janne J
Kinna
Här sen Jul 2008

Då ser vi fram mot racerapport

Porsche 911 SC 1982
Ford Mustang HT 1965
BMW F11 520D bruksis
IPteknik Väst AB
SVKG 60
Citera
axe
Nyköping
Här sen Dec 2004

Trådstartare
Janne J skrev:
Då ser vi fram mot racerapport

Japp!
En teaser kan jag väl bjuda på...

Citera
elCrillo
Öland
Här sen Okt 2011

Alfa Romeo 155 TS -95, https://rejsa.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119773
SAAB 96 Ninja, https://rejsa.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1744165#1744165
Citera
Mats Karlsson
Vargön
Här sen Feb 2003

Ginetta?
Citera
TPR
Göteborg/Nödinge
Här sen Feb 2005

Trevligt Björn! thumbs up

Mazda MX-5 Miata -99
#78 MX-5 Standard Cup / Roadsport C
Fd ERCup #98 - Caran Racing
Citera
axe
Nyköping
Här sen Dec 2004

Trådstartare
Mats Karlsson skrev:
Ginetta?

Japp, Ginetta G50

Citera
CarreraLightweightRacing
Traben-Trarbach
Här sen Okt 2020

Apologies in advance guys my Swedish is limited to Surströmming and Ikea I just thought I'd let you know the car is safe and well. Bjorn did an amazing job in creating this car. Over the last year I have been extensively converting the car so it is considerably different now (Suspension, engine, ECU, bodywork, interior...) I hope you don't mind the changes.

Stockholm
Här sen Nov 2002

Forumägare
Forumägare

Vargön
Här sen Feb 2003

With that first picture you are entirely forgiven for anything done or to be done to it.
Citera
Cédric
Uttran/Sthlm
Här sen Mar 2004

Glad you found the way back to this board i think there are several people in here who will appreciate that it found a nice home and is continuously modifyed and driven. Will be fun to follow the adventures in the PH thread!

Formel Vee Veemax MKIVB 1970
www.instagram.com/garagecedric/
Citera
Anders Litto
Nära Gotland Ring
Här sen Aug 2010

Verk nice to see that the car is been used! Love it! thumbs up

Volvo C70 banprojekt
Honda Civic 1982 historisk rallybil
En Civic 1982 till
Chrysler Crossfire
Citera
beatwise
Stallarholmen
Här sen Jan 2004

What engine is in it now? Looks fabulous! thumbs up

Alfa Romeo Alfasud TI 1,7 8V -78, #16 CAR Challenge (klass II)
www.carchallenge.se
Citera
CarreraLightweightRacing
Traben-Trarbach
Här sen Okt 2020

Thanks for the warm welcome guys thumbs up
The engine is still the same F20C but I have modified various aspects such as the fuel system (Fuel rail, injectors, adaptors...), throttle assembly, stripped and rebuilt the head, cooling and airflow and various other bits and pieces.

A brief summary of the engine work below:

New panels for front end/engine cooling

Due to the F1 injector set-up not really being a solution for a road car (Difficult to start or idle when fuel is being squirted onto the face of a butterfly 20cm from the combustion chamber), I changed the injection and throttle system also the car was mapped for E85 fuel so the injectors also need to be changed for normal fuel.
Following the carbon airbox removal a few measurements made

Found some lovely short 440cc injectors only 38mm o-ring to o-ring. Due to all the redesign issues clearance was the biggest headache. I'm literally talking only 1mm or less is some instances between fuel rail and throttle linkages etc. As the injectors didn't fit I modified them on the lathe

Next up I needed to fabricate some parts to relocate the throttle assembly so an inch thick slab of aircraft aluminium was put to good use

A few of the newly fabricated parts

Throttle assembly parts now made

Then a bit of weight reduction

Throttle assembled

Other new parts modified/fabricated

Made a loom mounting bracket out of titanium

Almost finished with the engine

Latest is the fuel system is complete.

Made another little titanium mounting bracket for the rigid section of the fuel return pipe:

Which fits here:

Engine bay fuel lines new layout:

This picture gives a close up high-lighting the tight tolerance clearance issues referred to earlier:

Final assembly:

Fitted a MAP sensor system, as mapping will be a whole lot simpler and smoother going forward. Trouble is there is literally no space as the underside of the inlet manifold has water pipes/looms/alternator. and the upper side has the fuel rail and throttle linkage.
So here goes, first off remove carbon airbox and remove complete intake system

Here is the removed manifold. I worked out there would be around 1mm clearance if I tap into the intake runners below the fuel rail but only if I run the 1/8NPT tap fully down to seat the connectors as low as possible

Pretty much this part sorted

Not everything went smoothly. No compression on No.3 cylinder. Stripped the inlet manifold off and you can see here an M5 bolt stuck between head and valve:

M5 bolt came from here from the carbon airbox:

Engine strip required to check for further damage:

The result is basically I have to replace a bent valve and associated components and I've now sent the head away to re-machine the valve seat. The piston has also been impacted but luckily no bore damage so I have simply die ground the piston for valve clearance in situ:

Head repaired then rebuilt:

Linköping
Här sen Mar 2007

Really cool update!

CarreraLightweightRacing skrev:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49432779858_09b2355de0_k.jpg

Just out of curiosity: after having read a few of your threads on PH, you seem to like weight reduction (as we all do), how's your thought process when you drill out a component like one of those above? What's your tactic for spacing out the holes and deciding on what drill to use? It would be interesting to hear your reasoning, since the only time I've tried it I just went haywire with a drill and (surprise ...) destroyed the part.

"But this car is full of my two least favorite things: rust and electrical issues." / _\_(ツ)_/_ Dork @ GRM Forum
Citera
CarreraLightweightRacing
Traben-Trarbach
Här sen Okt 2020

Heavens skrev:
Really cool update!
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49432779858_09b2355de0_k.jpg
Just out of curiosity: after having read a few of your threads on PH, you seem to like weight reduction (as we all do), how's your thought process when you drill out a component like one of those above? What's your tactic for spacing out the holes and deciding on what drill to use? It would be interesting to hear your reasoning, since the only time I've tried it I just went haywire with a drill and (surprise ...) destroyed the part.

The main consideration is the loading and forces that the component will be subjected to and whether for instance it is primary or secondary structure. In the case of the throttle, the thick aluminium spec was massive overkill. The forces acting upon it are minimal (just a throttle cable creating radial movement. The support structure is also not subjected to much force, but basically I didn't make any stress/strain calculations, I just used a bit of common sense. As an engineer you have a natural understanding of material and can make a fairly accurate guesstimate based on experience. For more critical areas, obviously more care needs to be taken before you go crazy

Här sen Dec 2007

Thanks for the update!

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Nyköping
Här sen Dec 2004

Trådstartare
Hi Richard!

Looks great, it truly is a beautiful car and I'm glad it found a new caring home!!

//Bjorn

Citera
MaZ
Göteborg
Här sen Nov 2002

What an introduction! Very cool update! Welcome.
Seems like the car ended up in the perfect loving home, getting a lot of attention and mods.

The main consideration is the loading and forces that the component will be subjected to and whether for instance it is primary or secondary structure. In the case of the throttle, the thick aluminium spec was massive overkill. The forces acting upon it are minimal (just a throttle cable creating radial movement. The support structure is also not subjected to much force, but basically I didn't make any stress/strain calculations, I just used a bit of common sense. As an engineer you have a natural understanding of material and can make a fairly accurate guesstimate based on experience. For more critical areas, obviously more care needs to be taken before you go crazy

Don't forget engine vibrations. It can get ugly quite fast, especially if you by coincident get eigenmodes/harmonics in the range of the engine vibrations. But then again, it will probably be fine.

BMW 330i -05
Citera
CarreraLightweightRacing
Traben-Trarbach
Här sen Okt 2020

axe skrev:
Hi Richard! it truly is a beautiful car and I'm glad it found a new caring home!!
Thanks Bjorn thumbs up After all your tremendous effort in building the original car, I thought you might be a little disappointed that I have had to dial back a lot of the 'Racecar' elements. It has been over a year now since I've had the car and it is getting very close now to being registered for road use in Germany[ (the 11th November is my next and hopefully final inspection).
I'm still working on the car most days and as an example, since the Nurburgring session last week, I decided to give the front axle a good DVI as numerous components had been tested for the first time. Lucky I did really as although all the new parts I made were fine, I found out there had been light contact between the upper control arm/wishbone and the shock mount. The picture below refers. This was basically caused by a recent geo that had been carried by a local garage (a minor oversight as it was quite complicated and took 2 days):

I also noted during the previous geo set-up that I needed to address the steering system: there was only around 10mm of thread attaching the tie rods. So by welding on these nuts, an extra 11.7mm safety margin created:

Following this little lot I tried out a bit of 'string theory' for the first time (not tested the car yet as only finished 1 hour ago):

Then something I've been planning to try out for a while now, ditching the front ARB. The main reason was for wheel clearance at full lock but as the chassis is very stiff and the suspension setup very track focused, so I feel I may get away with this (I've done the same with the 996). Also 4.45kg saved so now down to 874kg

Göteborg
Här sen Nov 2007

Welcome, and what a fantastic job you have done so far.

Glad so see this car being enjoyed and driven. I have always loved this build

Citera
Våra race- och banåkarbilar
Alfa Romeo GTS2000 -75, Såld...
<<   1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40   >>
36 besök senaste veckan (293481 totalt)
Tack till alla våra trogna sponsorer som stöttar och håller Rejsa rullande